Questions Arise About Safety of Children at Pwoje Espwa

QUESTIONS ARISE ABOUT SAFETY OF CHILDREN FROM SEXUAL ABUSE AT PWOJE ESPWA IN HAITI.

REV. MARC BOISVERT, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF PWOJE ESPWA AND A CATHOLIC PRIEST WITH ROOTS IN MAINE, IS IGNORING CONCERNS. 

ADVOCATES WANT TO KNOW WHY A CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS BROTHER IS TOUCHING THE BODIES OF STRIPPED DOWN AND NAKED HAITIAN CHILDREN.
__________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________
Philippe Juste (11 years old)
Tuesday, May 3, 2011Br. Robert-Anthony FSDLittle Philippe Juste (11) who had come to me a few days ago with a rash never made it to the clinic but he’s been back here to the quad where I showered him from head to toe, scrubbed his hair and washed his shorts. I also found time to re-apply the cream I’ve been using to help his rash and I’m happy to report the rash has cleared up (and he’s a lot cleaner too, lol) I’m going to pick up some new sandals for him tomorrow after I go to the bank. It was frustrating to shower him and re-dress him in clean underwear, shorts and a T-shirt then let him leave barefoot…”
___________________________________________________________
Tuesday, May 3, 2011Br. Robert-Anthony FSD
his is one of the last postings, for a while anyway, of our medical patient, Ezekiel. After his shower today (I only had to wash his back and shampoo his hair) we decided he was ready for the outside world. I found a large pair of size 44 shorts that were left here by a previous guest, an Espwa T-shirt and with the use of an old Franciscan cord I fashioned into a belt “Voila”; he was ready to go strolling through the village. I told him he could be up late tonight, gave him the last four videos we had and a few extra treats. Tomorrow he will be moving down to the children’s village. He’s come a long way in two weeks, we are all very proud of him. I’d never admit it in person but I’m going to miss his calling out to me all day, Brotha...Brotha....Brotha...Koka s'il vous plaĆ®t? This is the last picture from my office in the Quad. I’m sure we will see lots more of Ezek in the future but at least now he’ll have some underwear and pants on, lol.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Br. Robert-Anthony FSD
And what would the blog be without yet another shot of my surrogate son, Ezekiel who came by to have lunch with us and to meet the new visitors. I was greeted with a big smile and hug today from him, I think he’s feeling the loss of attention. I told him he could come up every day and share a cookie and a juice with me until he settles into his new digs. He has done so well, thank you everyone for your prayers.”
__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment